Class of 2020 Commencement Postponed
We have been holding out hope that we would be able to enjoy our commencement
ceremony on May 9th. Unfortunately, it does not appear that a gathering of this magnitude will be
possible as soon as May, and therefore, the ceremony has been postponed. The Executive Team will develop
an alternative schedule or delivery method in the coming weeks.
Congratulations on your pending graduation. The faculty, administration, and staff are looking forward to recognizing and celebrating your accomplishments.
The commencement ceremony is a joyous occasion for you, your family and friends, and for the University community as a whole. The conduct of the ceremony is governed by academic tradition, overall good manners, and state and local laws. Therefore, your cooperation is requested in creating an occasion which will appropriately highlight your academic achievements.
- Complete a graduation audit
- Complete and submit an Application to Graduate to the Office of Academic Records by December 15, 2019. Applications received after December 15 will be subject to a $25 late fee.
- Meet all university requirements
- Settle your student account
- Verify your name and address. If you have any changes, please contact the Office of Academic Records
- Conduct an exit interview with the Department Chair, if appropriate
All university coursework requirements must be completed by the time of graduation. Your student account must be cleared with the university before graduation day, Saturday, May 9, 2020. This includes any outstanding charges, parking fines, library fines, etc. If you have any questions, please contact Student Billing at (239) 280-1673.
Ave Maria University awards degrees with honors for distinguished achievement according to the following system:
- Cum Laude is earned with a cumulative GPA of from 3.6 to 3.749.
- Magna cum laude is earned with a cumulative GPA of between 3.75 and 3.899.
- Summa cum laude is earned with a cumulative GPA of 3.9 and above.
To graduate with these honor recognitions, a minimum of 64 credits, or 16 courses, must be taken while you are enrolled at Ave Maria University.
Honor cords for eligible graduates may be picked up in the Office of Academic Records after final grades are published and prior to the day of the ceremony.