“First and foremost, every Catholic educational institution is a place to encounter the living God who in Jesus Christ reveals his transforming love and truth'”.
– Pope Benedict XVI
Campus Ministry facilitates spiritual life on campus and is at the core of our Catholic Identity here at AMU. Whether it is supporting the sacramental life of the student body, or putting on retreats, or giving spiritual direction, the staff and priests of Ave Maria University Campus Ministry strive to model and live the Gospel and help all to “establish and nurture a living relationship with Christ Jesus, our hope.”
Campus Ministry works closely with the Office of Student Affairs to integrate the practice of the faith with a dynamic Catholic Student Life. Here are the areas that Campus Ministry mainly oversees:
Sacramental Life (Mass & Confessions)
– There are 5 weekend masses and 3 daily masses while school is in session.
– Confession is available regularly in the Oratory as well as by appointment.
– We have 5 priests who offer spiritual direction to our students, and they are scheduled everyday during the week.
– During the school year, the adoration chapel is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for Perpetual Adoration.
– There are many devotions which are practiced daily by our students. There is a student-led Rosary Walk every evening on our campus.
Spiritual Education & Catechesis
– Campus Ministry offers programs like Theology on Tap and Fireside with Father to further educate our students in the doctrine and practice of our faith, along with guiding students interested in learning and growing deeper in the Catholic faith.