The Healthcare Management (B.A.) degree is a program of study designed for individuals who seek to plan, direct, coordinate, and/or facilitate the organization and support of medical/health facilities or services.
Graduates of this program might assist in the management of a facility, specialize in the administration of a clinical area/department or supervise a medical practice for a group of physicians/healthcare professionals. Medical and health services managers must be able to adapt to changes in laws, regulations, and technology as the healthcare industry advances.
Student Learning Goals and Outcomes for the Major in Healthcare Management
Goal: It is our goal to provide students with a theoretical and practical understanding of human health and wellness as it relates to business administration. This degree takes an interdisciplinary and integrated learning approach. The study includes health sciences as well as business administration, regulation, financing, strategic planning, and policies. Students are exposed to healthcare business administration topics including finance, budgeting, billing, human resources management, facilities management, and marketing as well as quality measurement and improvement.
Explore the Healthcare Management Program
The study of science is born from the conviction of the fundamental intelligibility of the world. Science at Ave Maria University testifies to the Catholic Church’s confidence in human reason’s ability to know the truth about God’s creation even apart from the illuminating power of grace. The natural sciences are not simply technological disciplines, but are truly liberal arts education in which we seek to know truth for its own sake. By enabling us to enter the simultaneous complexity and simplicity of physical reality, science instills within the students a deep sense of wonder at the natural universe.
- AMU is home to a Tri-Beta National Biological Honors Society chapter, which exceptional Biology majors students have the opportunity to join.
- Student led organizations include the Biology club, Science Club, and pre-professional societies like the Ave Maria Pre-Dental Society.
- The Department of Biology also offers degrees in Biology (B.S. or B.A.), Environmental Science (B.A.), Health Science (B.A.), Exercise Science (B.A.) and Health Science Administration (B.A.), and minors in Biology, Marine Biology, Environmental Science, Health Science, and Exercise Science.
- ACCT 201 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 202 Managerial Accounting
- BIOL 100 Medical Terminology
- BIOL 250 Health and Wellness
- BUSN 215 Spreadsheet Analysis
- BUSN 303 Management and Ethics
- BUSN 304 Marketing
- BUSN 340 Business Law 1
- BUSN 350 Health Care Administration
- BUSN 351 Seminar in Healthcare Management
- BUSN 490 Strategic Management
- ECON 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 202 Principles of Microeconomics
- FINC 201 Fundamentals of Finance
- STAT 230 Statistics
- THEO 390 Catholic Bioethics
- Science 1*
- Science 2*
*Students must fulfill the two core science requirements.
See the Academic Catalogue for course descriptions
A degree in Health Science Administration will prepare students for a wide range of important careers in the medical field related to managing health care facilities.