Scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Recipients must have submitted all official documents deemed necessary before award will be confirmed. Please submit only one application form even if you are applying for multiple scholarships.
Athletic Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Athletic Department.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student at Ave Maria University
- Recipient will be selected based upon financial need, academic promise, and character that will allow them to succeed in their pursuit of higher education
- The total amount of an applicant’s previously awarded institutional aid is taken into consideration when awarding Leadership Scholarships
- Recipient must demonstrate leadership and service in their communities
$7,000 ($3,500 per semester)
Type: Renewable up to 4 years
– Must be a resident of the state of Michigan
– Applicant must be a first-time college freshman with a high school GPA of 2.8 (unweighted) or above; and an ACT score of 22 or above, or a SAT score of 1100 or above, who is accepted for admission at Ave Maria University for Fall 2017. (may NOT be a returning AMU student)
– Applicant must be a practicing Catholic (endorsement letter from parish)
– Recipient must maintain a University GPA of 2.5 to keep the scholarship.
– Must complete Ave Maria University’s online scholarship application (www.avemaria.edu/apply)
– Apply early – a limited number of scholarships will be awarded
Michigan Homeschooled Faith Scholarship
A limited number of scholarships have been made available through the generosity of a donor who wants to applaud the efforts of Catholic Homeschooling families throughout the state of Michigan, and believes that students who have been homeschooled in committed Catholic families will thrive at Ave Maria University.
Student must have been homeschooled during 9th through 12th grade.
For the purpose of this scholarship, “homeschooled” means those taught at home and applies to those independently homeschooled as well as those enrolled in national homeschool programs (such as Kolbe Academy, Mother of Divine Grace and Seton Home Study).
Additional Criteria and Scholarship Details:
- Must reside in the state of Michigan
- $9,000 Scholarship (in addition to AMU Institutional Aid)
- Awarded $4,500 each semester
- For a duration of 4 years (per individual student) as an undergraduate student
- First-time college freshman with a high school GPA of 2.8 (unweighted) or above; and an ACT score of 22 or above, or an SAT score of 1100 or above, who is accepted for admission at Ave Maria University for Fall 2017 (may not be a returning AMU student)
- Practicing Catholic – with endorsement letter from Priest or Parish Office
- Student must maintain a University GPA of 2.5 in order to keep the scholarship
- Must complete Ave Maria University’s online scholarship application (www.avemaria.edu/apply)
Important Note: A student may not receive this scholarship in conjunction with the Michigan Scholarship (i.e. a qualifying student may receive one or the other, but not both scholarships.)
Duration: 4 years
- Graduates of a Catholic high school from the state of Wisconsin
- The students eligible for this scholarship must have either graduated from a Catholic high school within the state of Wisconsin, or be a member in good standing with a Catholic parish within the state of Wisconsin
- Remain in good standing with the Office of Student Affairs
- Automatically eligible for annual award renewal with a 2.5 GPA
- Remain in good standing with the Office of Student Affairs
Amount: $5,000 per year
Type: 4 years
- Recipients must be from the Greater Fort Wayne area, yet within the boundaries of Allen County
- Recipients must be freshmen
- Recipients must have either graduated from a Catholic high school within the aforementioned boundaries or be a member in good standing with a Catholic parish within the said boundaries.
- Recipients must complete the online application
- Recipients must have a high school GPA of at least 2.5
- To remain eligible, the recipients will be required to maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 and stay on track to graduate in four academic years
- Recipients must remain in good standing as per the handbook
– Applicant must be from St. Cloud, MN area.
– Applicant must be a member of St. Peter’s Parish in St. Cloud, MN.
– Applicant must be enrolled as a full time graduate student at Ave Maria University.
Type: One-time or renewable
– Applicant must have a strong commitment to pro-life activities.
– Applicant must be a Catholic in good standing.
– Applicant must exhibit leadership skills through one or more of the following: • Sports club or team • Student government • Choir • Student Club • Household • Event organizing • Public speaking
Priority will be given to first-year college students but all students are encouraged to apply.
– Applicant must be a male student from Immokalee, FL.
– Applicant must submit a personal essay about a person who has influenced his life -OR- a personal essay explaining why he is eligible to receive this scholarship, providing examples of being hardworking, responsible, and a respectable young leader.
– Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors,or coaches (non-relatives)
– Recipient must maintain a University GPA of 2.5 and demonstrates evidence of a lifestyle and values consistent with the Ave Maria University student handbook to keep the scholarship.
- An applicant must describe his or her commitment to the Catholic Church through service-oriented activities within the church, his or her school, or through participation in service projects in his or her local community.
- An on-line scholarship application must be completed at avemaria.edu/future-students/scholarships
- An applicant must demonstrate financial need after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
The priority deadline to apply for this scholarship ends on March 1, 2017.