At Ave Maria University we encourage all prospective AMU students to apply for financial aid, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance. We understand that financing a college education is a challenge for most families, regardless of household income. We are here to make sure that you receive all the financial aid for which you are eligible and to help you find additional financing options if you need them. For further details, please see Financial Aid FAQs or contact our office for assistance.
Financial Aid Timeline for Prospective Students (FAFSA)
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Application for federal aid is available on October 1st of every year for the following academic year. Fill out and submit your application as early as possible to simplify the process. Use income from two years prior. You do not have to wait until last year’s taxes are filed. Log on to http://www.fafsa.gov to apply. The AMU Federal School Code is 039413.
For Florida Students only:
- Start applying for the Florida Bright Futures scholarship or log in to http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org.
- Submit the Florida Resident Access Grant application (FRAG) to our financial aid office. The FRAG can also be found at https://www.avemaria.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/FRAG-Application-2017-2018-updated-10-12-16.pdf.
- Assess your AMU financial aid portal to accept your aid package and/or check under the “documents” tab for a list of possible documents required for completion. The Financial Aid Office will send you an e-mail with login information upon admission and receipt of your FAFSA.
- You may apply for additional Institutional scholarships at https://www.avemaria.edu/future-students/scholarships/.
- Let us know about outside scholarships or grants received from private sources so that we may add them to your financial aid package.