Dear teachers and administrators,
Would you like Ave Maria University to design and conduct online courses for you?
Perhaps you are finding it difficult to offer high quality course content in the online format? Perhaps you lack faculty to teach advanced level or specialty classes that your students want or need?
AMU is happy to be the reliable course provider you are looking for. Classes can be dual credit or high school credit only. Contact Dr. Alexander Crawford to discuss your needs.
Dr. Alexander Crawford, Ph.D.
Academic Advisor for AMU JumpStart Dual Enrollment Program; Director of Student Support Services; Instructor of History
Phone: (239) 280-2553
*Enrolled students do not need to reapply each semester.
Dr. Alexander Crawford, Ph.D.
Phone: (239) 280-2553
Admissions Counselor for the AMU JumpStart Enrollment Program
Office Phone: (239) 304-7986
I love serving as an Admissions Counselor for Ave Maria University! I graduated from AMU with a Politics degree in May of 2017, and after traveling abroad on a few mission trips, I’m excited to be back home. I call AMU home not only because my 2 older sisters graduated from here and my younger sister is a freshman here, but also because of the deep love I’ve encountered here through peers, professors, faculty and staff, coaches, priests, those we have the opportunity to serve through the Mother Teresa project, and ultimately in our Lady and Lord. Mother Teresa said, “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.” I’m thrilled to be back home to welcome new members to the AMU Family!
All courses in the JumpStart program are 4 credit hours at $750 per class. The price is the same for both online and on-campus students.
- JumpStart students must be at least 16 years of age or older or a junior in high school (or homeschool) to participate.
- Students must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.8 to be in the JumpStart program. Your current transcript must be sent to the Ave Maria University Admissions Office prior to registering for classes.
- Transcripts can be sent to AMU through a secured network from your high school or through the mail. Our address is:
Ave Maria University
Student Enrollment Center
5050 Ave Maria Blvd
Ave Maria, FL 34142
- View our homeschool transcript worksheet here: Homeschool Transcript Instructions
- Presently, the JumpStart program is open to all states EXCEPT Massachusetts.
- Parental oversight in the JumpStart program is essential to student success. At least one parent or guardian of each JumpStart participant must serve as an observer for their child’s courses.
- A maximum of one course per semester is allowed to ensure the overall success of the student. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis.
Students who successfully complete (grade of C or better) a total of 8 credit hours with the AMU JumpStart program will automatically be accepted for admissions to Ave Maria University. If the student is planning to enroll at AMU as a full-time student after graduating from high school or home school, official SAT or ACT scores would not be required.
Transcripts cannot be issued without the student’s written permission (FERPA.1974). All financial obligations to the University must be resolved before a transcript will be released. Students on the Stop List for account balance are unable to receive official transcripts until balance is resolved with the Business Office. Ave Maria University policy does not permit this office to send transcripts (either official or unofficial) by fax or to disclose grades over the telephone. A student’s transcript is a full account of his/her academic progress at Ave Maria University, including all courses taken, grades earned, degrees conferred and honors achieved (if applicable). As the successor institution to Ave Maria College (AMC), Ave Maria University assumes the responsibility of issuing AMC transcripts. AMC transcripts appear on Ave Maria University transcript paper. Students who attended Ave Maria College of the Americas (AMCA) or Ave Maria University-Latin American Campus (AMULAC) may request their transcripts from the AMU Florida campus. Transcripts appear on Ave Maria University transcript paper.
An electronic delivery option exists for transcripts via eScripSafe by providing the email address of the transcript recipient (not available for College of the Americas students). Please note: Ave Maria University does not email your actual transcript; rather, an encrypted PDF file is submitted from Ave Maria to a secure server; the recipient is then notified by email with a one-time use link to present credentials, log in to the system, and access the transcript. The PDF file will automatically delete 24 hours after it is first opened.
- Transcript Request Online Payment will be accepted in the form of debit or credit card. Please go to http://iwantmytranscript.com/avemaria Please follow the instructions carefully. Students from the College of the Americas are unable to request electronic transcript delivery, but are able to order and make payment online.
- Transcript Request by mail or in person: Transcript Request. Payment will be accepted in the form of cash, check, or money order. Please mail to: Office of Academic Records, Ave Maria University, 5050 Ave Maria Blvd., Ave Maria FL 34142. Transcript requests cannot be processed until payment is received.
Please contact the Registrar if you have any questions at (239) 280-2565 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to request a syllabus for a particular course, please contact the Office of the Dean of Faculty at (239) 280-2550 or by email at email@example.com.
Professors suggest spending 90 minutes a day, every day of the week, on a class.
Posting the class calendar and the deadlines in a visible place is helpful for staying on track.
Your professor is always available to help you or answer any questions you may have.
For online classes, some professors offer video lectures or hold video conferences with their students. Students can also do their quizzes and homework all online.