The Shakespeare in Performance minor is interdisciplinary by combining approaches from literature, theatre, humanities, and history in the study of one of the great playwrights of Western Civilization. As such, the Shakespeare in Performance minor is housed in the Humanities and Liberal Studies program.
Minor in Shakespeare in Performance – 24 credits, 6 courses
(All courses are 4-credit courses)
- LITR 104 Literary Tradition II
- LITR 206 Shakespeare
- HUMS 330 Shakespeare in Performance
- HUMS 330 Shakespeare in Performance*
- THEA 206 Fundamentals of Acting
- THEA 207 Fundamentals of Acting II
Other approved courses dealing with the historical, political, or intellectual milieu of Shakespeare’s age or Shakespeare’s texts may count towards the minor as well, such as:
- HIST 225 Renaissance and Reformation
- MUSC 403 Music in Shakespeare's England
*HUMS 330 Shakespeare in Performance may be take more than once as long as the course includes a production of a different play.