Ave Maria University is accepting applications for a full time exempt position of Director of Advancement Information Services. Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service. The University offers thirty undergraduate B.A./B.S. degrees in addition to an M.A. and Ph.D. in theology, and is located in Southwestern Florida in the new town of Ave Maria.
Director of Advancement Services
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Advancement Information Services coordinates and facilitates the University’s mission in the area of advancement information services, gift acknowledgement, and data entry. In this capacity, s/he will also be responsible for providing assistance to fundraising staff, board committees, and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Possess knowledge of major gift campaigns; PC proficiency in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge, SQL, and website software; strong interpersonal and team building skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and organizational skills
Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed with ability to work as a team member, while able to complete and conduct work independently
Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
Ability to work with the short and long-term goals of the Institutional Advancement and establish strategies for reaching those goals
Maintain sensitivity discretion, and tact in working with confidential information
Ability to be effective in the use of resources including time, talent, finances, etc
Ability to interpret, analyze, and disseminate results/outcomes in working independently and as a team member
Commitment to the mission and values of Ave Maria University and Catholic higher education.
- Manage the University Advancement Information Services office and provide professional support to the VP and AVP for Institutional Advancement in implementing financial processes, gift receipting and special events.
- Manage procedures and documentation for gift receipting in Raiser’s Edge and direct staff in the timeliness and accuracy of gift receipts as well as benchmarks and reports on gift receipting production in accordance with IRS and CASE standards. This includes:
• Review of batches prior to and after processing.
• Review and audit reports on gift entry metrics
• Ensure that gifts received are deposited and entered correctly and in a timely fashion.
• Monitor the progress of establishing new accounts and set up new allocations as needed.
• Train staff in researching, recognizing and resolving data processing issues.
• Working with staff to ensure that entry/reversals/modifications occur in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Monitoring incoming emails to department accounts to ensure data quality and customer service.
• Identify possible data integrity issues, work with staff to resolve and retrain to minimize future issues.
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge (RE) and SQL programs for Institutional Advancement.
- Write and run custom reports via SQL at request of VP, AVP or other staff as needed.
- Act as liaison between volunteer committees and the business office when raising funds through annual campus events as well as an advisor to students, staff, and faculty who seek to fundraise on campus for their clubs/programs.
- Serves as part of a team of decision makers who analyze database functionality, coding, and practices for continual improvement. Analyze business needs, system resources, and end user needs to improve existing gift data entry and input processes.
- Responsible for tracking all endowments and scholarship agreements within Raiser’s Edge and facilities the corporate matching gift programs.
- Provide oversight for the Institutional Advancement budget.
Bachelor's Degree Required; Master's Preferred
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge, SQL, Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience managing multiple areas and staff members.
• An understanding of and appreciation for Ave Maria University, its history, and mission.
• Supervisory and project management preferred.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement: Stacy.Laffere@avemaria.edu and cc the Director of Human Resources: Kathy.Phelps@avemaria.edu
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The town of Ave Maria is Southwest Florida’s newest hometown, built around the Ave Maria University and the Ave Maria Parish. A small, safe, and family oriented community with affordable housing, yet just 30 minutes away you will discover all the treasures of Naples, Florida with its sugar-sand beaches, cultural attractions such as Artis of Naples, the Sugden Community Theater, and a large array of shopping and dining choices. For more information on the community please visit this link: http://www.avemaria.com/community/location