Ave Maria University is a Catholic University. We proudly uphold and adhere to the Magisterium of the Church and its Catholic Mission.
Applying to AMU is easy! Here is how to get started:
To be eligible for regular undergraduate admission to the University, students are expected to meet the following standards:
- High school unweighted grade point average (GPA) equal to or above 2.8 or college GPA equal to or above 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
- An SAT score equal to or above 1410, or an ACT score equal to or above 20.
In some instances, the University may accept students who do not meet the above criteria, but upon closer review indicate a probability for success.
The University considers all of the above factors in reaching an admissions decision. The University reserves the right to administer placement tests to admitted students in order to improve the advisement process, ensure placement in the correct course, and enhance the probabilities for student success.
After You Have Been Accepted
- Submit your $300.00 Enrollment Deposit. This gives you priority in scheduling your classes and guarantees a place in the dorms for students who will be residents. The enrollment fee is not refundable.
- Information regarding New Student Orientation, AMU residential living, roommate selections, student insurance, viewing your class schedule and bill payment will be sent to deposited students after May 1st.
- It is your responsibility to have your transcript(s) evaluated prior to receiving an admission decision. If your secondary school transcripts are in a language other than English, a certified English translation must accompany the original document(s).