Quick Facts About Ave Maria University
- Ave Maria University is a Catholic University. We proudly uphold and adhere to the Magisterium of the Church and its Catholic Mission.
- AMU touts 30 strong majors and 9 Pre-Professional Programs that meet the needs of all students who are eager to develop and challenge themselves to the highest levels they can achieve.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 903
- Average ACT: 24
- Average SAT: 1655
- Average GPA: 3.5
- For regular acceptance to Ave Maria University applicants should have at least a 2.8 high school GPA and a 20 ACT or a 1410 SAT. College transfers should have at least a 2.4 GPA.
- AMU boasts a student to faculty ratio of 15:1.
- Average Class Size is 20.
- AMU students come to us from families across the nation and across the globe-- 49 states and 18 countries are represented.
- AMU has comprised an outstanding group of faculty that excel as teachers and as scholars. Nearly all are full time and 85% have earned the highest degree in their field. AMU students are taught by the Best!
- Ave Maria University is situated on 1000 acres in Southwest Florida. The University is characterized by its distinctive buildings, designed in the tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright. Progress on the overall campus Master Building Plan continues on a regular basis.
- The Canizaro Library holds 200,000 volumes. It uses the most up-to-date techniques and practices to provide exceptional library service to the Ave Maria University community.
- Golisano Fieldhouse serves as the hub for the AMU Athletic Department. Our athletic teams compete in the NAIA in the following sports: baseball, men/women's basketball, men/women's cross country, football, men/women's golf, men/women's soccer, softball, men/women's tennis, volleyball, women's lacrosse and cheerleading/dance. Club sports are rugby.
- More than 50 Clubs and Organizations provide a vibrant extracurricular component to the AMU educational environment.
Ave Maria University Student Enrollment Center
5050 Ave Maria Boulevard
Ave Maria, FL 34142-9505
Toll Free: (877) 283-8648
Local: (239) 280-2556
Fax: (239) 280-2559
Hours of Operation:
M –F: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat: By Pre-set Appointment