Overview of Programs
- Both programs run for one semester (Fall & Spring)
- Classes are taught in English
- Classes fit into our approved course work
- All AMU students need to maintain a full-time course load while abroad (12 credit hours)
- Opportunities to learn about other cultures, travel, and study with other international students
Who can participate in the Study Abroad Program?
- Full-Time AMU students who will be of sophomore status or above at the start of the semester for which they plan to study abroad are eligible to apply.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Students on probation (academic or disciplinary) may not apply until they have been off probation for one semester.
- Complete Application
- Submit Essays
- Letter of Recommendation by AMU faculty member
- Activities List
- Application signed by academic advisor
- Deadline: Monday, November 5th by 5:00 pm
Bring entire application to the Office of Student Life
The Review Committee
What will the committee be looking for when considering the applications for acceptance?
- Curricular & Co-curricular contributions to the campus life of AMU
- Students who support the mission of AMU and will be good ambassadors of the University in a foreign country
- Academic Progress Requirement: Cum 2.0 GPA
All students who apply will receive a letter confirming the decision as soon as the Study Abroad Committee has come to a decision.
- Students will be selected for one semester only
- $200 Deposit due at First Orientation Meeting
- Attend Mandatory Orientation Meeting(s)
- Complete all student paperwork by the deadline
- Costs: Tuition, Room, Board: the same as regular tuition Additional Costs:
- Plane Ticket (Round Trip)
- For Rome: Extra Fee due to rise in Euro currency $1750
- For Rome: Train Pass- $350-$1000 (optional)
- Spending Money- $3000-$6000 (estimate)
Due to the high-level of interest in these programs, not every student can be selected.
If you are not accepted to the program but would like to go in the future, you must re-apply.
In one short semester, there is a lot of work and preparation for the exchange program
Many of the deadlines are close together, so please start thinking about deposit money, airfare, etc.
If you are serious about studying abroad next semester, begin the passport application process NOW
Since travel costs change frequently, be prepared for "surprise expenses" that may occur. Keep in mind that every case is different.
If you apply to participate in the program be prepared for the responsibilities that come with this great honor!