Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). General Statement of Duties: Assists in the direction in the areas of institutional effectiveness; faculty development; advising; accreditation; compliance with external regulations; online education; the implementation and assessment of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP); and provides regular support to the VPAA.
1. Works with the VPAA to assure quality academic programming and to coordinate the university catalogue, academic website, class schedules, and facilities use.
2. Under the direction of the VPAA, ensures compliance with accreditation and regulation standards.
3. Facilitate faculty development for full-time and adjunct faculty, consistent with the university mission and vision statements and retention goals.
4. Leads the development of online education, including faculty, curriculum, students, and technology.
5. Participate in the development and implementation of academic policies and procedures.
6. Facilitates the implementation and assessment of the QEP.
7. Serves the VPAA by representing the chief academic officer as requested.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
1. Commitment to the University’s Catholic mission as expressed in its Mission Statement, Statement of Catholic Vision, Faculty Handbook, and the Apostolic Constitution Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
2. Knowledge and understanding of administrative practices in higher education.
3. The ability to provide leadership in planning, budgeting, and implementing institutional effectiveness.
4. Strong understanding of faculty development, curriculum, and advising.
5. Knowledge of faculty and curriculum development for online education.
6. Effective communication and team-building skills across all areas of the university.
7. A commitment to fostering student success and quality programs.
8. Knowledge of accreditation and regulatory standards.
9. No extraordinary physical requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Doctoral degree required.
2. Combined five (5) years of higher education teaching and/or administrative experience.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, CV, three letters of recommendation, statement on the University’s mission as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae to Christy Dorer, Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin upon posting and will continue until filled. Position subject to final administrative approval. Salary and teaching load are subject to qualifications. Position is expected to begin July 1, 2015. Ave Maria University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting updated 14 January 2015.