The University takes as its mission the sponsorship of a liberal arts education curriculum dedicated, as articulated in the apostolic constitution Ex Corde Ecclesiae, to the advancement of human culture, the promotion of dialogue between faith and reason, the formation of men and women in the intellectual and moral virtues of the Catholic faith, and to the development of professional and pre-professional programs in response to local and societal needs. As an institution committed to Catholic principles, the University recognizes the importance of creating and maintaining an environment in which faith informs the life of the community and takes expression in all its programs.
The Office of Residence Life and Housing at Ave Maria University provides a moral foundation for residents so that they may lovingly and freely embrace the truths that are taught in the classroom. The department seeks to establish and encourage an environment where that which is learned in the classroom may be practically applied in the students’ daily lives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Foster and develop relationships with students in an assigned Men’s Residence Hall.
· Serve as an authentic, Catholic role model for the students and the community while engaging actively in the life of the University through campus and hall events.
· Communicate and enforce University and Residence Life policies and procedures.
· Coordinate a variety of operations within the Office of Residence Life and Housing including billing, occupancy reports, withdrawals and cancellations, room assignments, residence hall opening and closing, and other duties as assigned.
· Directly supervise four to six Resident Assistants in an assigned residence hall, conduct meetings, and facilitate project planning; assist with the coordination of the Resident Assistant selection, training and evaluation process and updating the Resident Assistant manual.
· Be responsive to students’ spiritual, emotional, personal and academic needs; advising, mentoring and making appropriate referrals.
· Take part in professional staff duty rotation (nightly and weekend), departmental meetings, in-services, professional training, and others as directed.
· A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master's Degree in Higher Education Management, Counseling or related field is preferred.
· Two (2) years of professional or graduate school experience preferred.
· Experience in event planning, project management and Microsoft Excel preferred.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and education, and includes a furnished campus apartment and meal plan. The University provides a benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision with some cost sharing, and 100% employer paid life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance. In addition employees have the ability to contribute pre-tax earnings to a Flexible Spending Medical or Dependent care account, and a 403b retirement plan.
Application Process: Interested applicants should email a cover letter, résumé and three professional references to email@example.com. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.