Ave Maria's Health and Safety Committee was established to recommend improvements to our workplace safety programs and to identify corrective measures needed to eliminate or control recognized safety and health hazards.
The Safety Committee consists of the following representation:
- Charles Traver
- Frank Steiger (Director of Security)
- Dr. Thomas Scheck
- Dr. Thomas Smith (Chair)
The Health and Safety Committee is responsible for...
- assisting management in communication procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of control measures used to protect employees from safety and health hazards in the work place.
- assisting management in reviewing and updating workplace safety rules based on accident investigation findings, any inspection findings, employee reports of unsafe conditions or work practices; and accepting/ addressing work place complaints from anonymous employees.
- assisting management in evaluating employee accident and illness prevention programs, and promoting safety and health awareness and co-worker awareness through continuous improvements to the workplace safety program.
- assisting management in updating the workplace safety program by evaluating employee injury and accident records, identifying trends and patterns, and formulating corrective measures to prevent recurrence.
- participating in safety training and assisting management in monitoring workplace safety and education training to ensure that it is in place, that it is effective, and that it is documented.
To review the Ave Maria Health and Safety Procedures Handbook click here.
For any further information regarding AMU's Health and Safety, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org