Thank you for your interest in visiting Ave Maria University!
We look forward to showing off our beautiful campus!
Scheduling your visit to AMU provides you the opportunity to:
- Attend Mass (every day at 12 p.m.)
- Meet with an admissions counselor and financial aid
- Observe a class
- Take a campus Tour
- Eat lunch with AMU students
- Stay overnight in the residence halls
- Please submit the campus visit form 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Please confirm your visit date with us before scheduling air travel.
- Spend the day with us at AMU!
- Day visits are scheduled Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding holidays and when AMU is closed, please see the academic calendar)
- Campus Tours are offered daily at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. during the academic year.
- Meet with an admissions counselor and financial aid.
- Observe a class.
- Eat lunch with AMU students/faculty.
Be our guest for the night! Experience what life is really like at AMU. During your overnight stay you will shadow an AMU Ambassador. We will use our best efforts to match you with a Student Ambassador who has similar interests.
- Overnight visits must be scheduled 2 weeks prior to visit.
- Overnight visits are scheduled for the arrival times between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Overnight visits are scheduled for 1 night, arriving on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
- Overnight visits are not scheduled during academic breaks, holidays, special events, or finals. Please follow this link for the academic calendar.
- Overnight visits are intended for high school students in the 2nd semester of their junior year or high school seniors.
- There are no overnight visits available during the summer.
Observing a Class
85% of our faculty has a Ph.D. or terminal degree. They are published authors and international lecturers and they love teaching our students. If you would like to observe a class while visiting AMU, please consider the following:
Classes are subject to availability.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes are 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Tuesday and Thursday classes are 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Please make sure to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class to introduce yourself to the professor.
- All prospective students are expected to remain for the entire class period.
- Please request observing a class at least 1 week prior to visit.
If you have any questions please call us at the Student Enrollment Center (239.280.2556) or email our Visitor Coordinator Jennifer Speakman.
We can’t wait for you to join us on our campus!
Ave Maria University does not provide transportation to the University from the airports or hotels.
All Dixie Taxi – 239.200.4600
- If you need transportation to and from AMU, please contact All Dixie Taxi and Limousine Service mention the “Ave Maria University Discount Rate” and they will setup all of your transportation arrangements.
Enterprise Rental Car – 800.261.7331
- Enterprise Rental Car gives 15% discount rate for families visiting AMU, provide the code: 35CAVEM and pin # AVE
Please click here for a list of nearby hotels.