Organization of Reaffirmation Process
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requires that institutions establish a Leadership Team to manage and validate the internal institutional assessment of compliance with all Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements. The team should include individuals who have the skills, knowledge, and the authority to lead in this total institutional effort. The team should not be large, but its membership would normally include the chief executive officer, the chief academic officer, the accreditation liaison, and a representative faculty member. The responsibilities of the Leadership Team include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the internal review process, including developing the structure and timelines for ensuring the timely completion of all tasks and attending the Orientation Meeting conducted by the Commission on Colleges. The Orientation Meeting is limited to five people from each institution, including the institution’s finance officer.
- Coordinating the completion of the Compliance Certification by overseeing the institutional review of the extent of compliance with the Principles of Accreditation and the documentation of evidence supporting the extent of compliance.
- Ensuring that the institutional community is engaged in the review process and is informed of the progress of the review.
- Overseeing the completion and ensuring the accuracy of the Institutional Summary Form submitted at the time of the Orientation Meeting, included with the Compliance Certification, and updated for the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee.
- Developing the Focused Report, if the institution so chooses.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Quality Enhancement Plan.
- Overseeing arrangements for the on-site visit.
- Ensuring that the appropriate follow-up activities are in place to address compliance issues cited by the Off-Site Reaffirmation Committee, recommendations written by the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee, and requests for subsequent monitoring reports by the Commission.
H. James Towey – President
Michael Dauphinais – Vice President of Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty
Dennis Grace – Chief Financial Officer
Jorge Calvo – Associate Professor of Mathematics/Chair of IE Committee
Compliance Certification Writing Committee
The primary responsibility of the Compliance Certification Writing Committee is to assist in the compilation of the compliance report. The writing committees are supported by the Leadership Team and the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
William Kirk – Vice President of Student Affairs/General Counsel
Jorge Calvo - Associate Professor of Mathematics/Chair of IE Committee
John Colman – Assistant Professor/Chair of Politics
Gregory Vall – Associate Professor/Chair of Theology
Jennifer Nodes – Director of Library Services
Felix Barba – Residence Director
Tony Beata – Controller
Stephen Cronin – Associate Professor of Biology